Apurv Agrawal, MD
New Patient Appointments
Scheduling a visit is easy. Click below or call us to get started.
About Dr. Agrawal
Dr. Apurv Agrawal is a lifelong New Jersey resident. He was born in Hackensack, and grew up in Edison/Jackson.
Dr. Agrawal completed his Internal Medicine Residency from UMDNJ-Muhlenberg Regional Medical Center. He then went on to Boston University Medical Center where he completed fellowships in Medical Oncology, Hematology, and Geriatric Medicine. He subsequently completed an additional year of a Clinical Trials Fellowship at Boston University/VA Healthcare System of Boston. While at Boston University Medical Center, he served as Chief Fellow in the Section of Hematology/Oncology. Dr. Agrawal has completed course work towards a Masters in Science in Health Policy and Management from The Boston University School of Public Health.
Dr. Agrawal is a member of Community Medical Centers Cancer Committee. He is currently a Clinical Assistant Professor at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. He is also an Assistant Professor at Seton Hall – Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine and Rowan School of Osteopathic Medicine.
Dr. Agrawal values patient education and shared decision making which help provide an individualized, evidence based treatment plan for all of his patients.
Dr. Agrawal is very active in clinical research and is the co-founder of New Jersey Center for Cancer Research.
Dr. Agrawal is Board Certified in Medical Oncology, Internal Medicine, and Hospice and Palliative Care Medicine.
M.R. Medical College
UMDNJ-Muhlenberg Regional Medical Center
Internal Medicine, UMDNJ-Muhlenberg Regional Medical Center
Medical Oncology, Boston University Medical Center
Hematology, Boston University Medical Center
Geriatric Medicine, Boston University Medical Center
Hospice and Palliative Care Medicine
Jersey Shore University Medical Center
Ocean University Medical Center
Community Medical Center
Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus
Assistant Professor, Rutgers RWJ Medical School
Assistant Professor, Seton Hall University-Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine
Cancer Committee, Community Medical Center
Awards & Honors
- American Cancer Society - Visionary of the Year: 2019
- Castle Connelly - Top Doctor: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
- Consumers’ Research Council of America - America’s Top Oncologists: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- NJTopDocs: 2023
- Peer Reviewed Physician Award: 2013
- Inside Jersey Magazine - NJ Top Doc: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Vitals.com - Patient Choice Award: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020
- Vitals.com - On-Time Doctor Award: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020
- Vitals.com - Compassionate Doctor Recognition: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020
- Healthgrades.com - Honor Roll: Active
Insurance Plans Accepted
This provider accepts the following insurance plans.
- AARP Medicare Complete (excluding United Dual Complete)
- Aetna Medicare
- Aetna Health Care
- Allied Health
- Bankers Life and Casualty
- Braven Health
- Cigna Healthcare
- GHI/Emblem Health
- Horizon BCBS
- Horizon Managed Care
- Horizon Medicare Blue
- Horizon PPO
- Horizon Traditional/ Indemnity
- Local 825 Welfare Fund
- Mail Handlers Benefit Plan
- National Association of Letter Carriers
- Oxford Health
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- United Health Care