March 17th, 2020
Important Information for Our Patients Regarding the Coronavirus
The well-being of our patients, visitors, and staff is the top priority of New Jersey Hematology Oncology Associates (NJHOA).
Our offices are currently maintaining limited hours for seeing patients, and we have implemented infection control practices with specific emphasis on minimizing risk of exposure to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) within our offices. If we have not called to confirm your appointment, please call the day before.
To ensure the safety of our patients and staff, we are asking that only patients enter the waiting room, exam rooms and chemotherapy suite until further notice.
We ask that if you or a family member are exhibiting or experiencing signs associated with the Coronavirus, including shortness of breath, fever, coughing and/or have traveled outside of the U.S., you should seek medical attention from your primary care physician. Please do not come into the office if you are exhibiting any of these symptoms. Be assured that your health and well-being are extremely important to us, and we are taking all the necessary steps to ensure a safe environment for your care. The CDC is recommending the following preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including the Coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
Because the situation is rapidly evolving, we often reference the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website below for the latest information. We encourage you to visit the site for breaking information: CDC.Gov